RAW KALE SALAD Ingredients
1 bunch Tuscan kale (for ex: black or lacinato)
A handful of pumpkin seeds
1/2 garlic clove
1/4 teaspoon sea salt, plus a pinch more
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for garnish
The juice of 1 whole lemon, freshly squeezed
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Trim the bottom few inches off the kale stems and discard. Slice the kale into 3/4-inch ribbons. You should have 4 to 5 cups.
2. Place in a large bowl.
3. Mince the garlic and 1/4 teaspoon of salt into a paste.
4. Transfer to a small bowl.
5. Add 3 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, pinch of salt, and cayenne and whisk to combine.
6. Pour the dressing over the kale and toss very well
7. Let the salad sit for 5 minutes, then serve topped with the pumpkin seeds, and a drizzle of oil.